So, they asked you to spend the rest of your life with them; you said yes, and now you’re both ready to take the leap and march down that aisle. Congratulations! You’re getting married!
As the butterflies settle, you may begin to notice how stressful and confusing planning a wedding can actually be. Chances are, this is your first (and last!) time planning such an event, but knowing how to properly plan your wedding can be daunting (to say the least!). Many couples who seek my advice often begin with, “We have no clue where to start!” In an effort to help ease common concerns, I’ve developed the Wedding Game Plan so you know where to start and what to do next, as well as a list of 5 simple tips which will help you along your way.
5 Bonus Tips
1. Your date is never set in stone until your venue is booked. My advice to all couples is to hold off on booking other vendors or suppliers for your wedding until the ceremony and reception spaces are secured. This will save you time, money, and stress, in the event that your venue spaces fall through.
2. No vendor is guaranteed until the contracts have been signed and deposits have been paid. It is absolutely important that you don’t “jump the gun” and assume a vendor is holding your place simply because you shook hands or made a call! Having the paperwork and deposits in place will ultimately ensure that your vendors are committed to your event.
3. Begin booking those vendors which can commit to only one wedding a day; vendors such as wedding planners, venues, photographers, music, etc. as they tend to book up faster. You should definitely try to book vendors as early as you can to ensure you are able to book your first choice of fabulous vendors. After you have accomplished that task, you can start tackling the vendors who can take multiple weddings per day; vendors such as cakes, stationery, flowers, decor, etc.
4. One of the most effective ways to manage the planning process for your wedding is to focus on small, “bite-size” tasks, this method allows you to accomplish every task you need to without experiencing the infamous wedding planning burnout. Small, manageable chunks are the key to wedding planning success!
5. Don’t forget to actually enjoy yourself! Planning your wedding may be stressful at times, but your big day is also meant to be one of your life’s most important and memorable days. Take a deep breath and try to enjoy the ride!
Follow along the Wedding Game Plan, the road to happily ever after is all laid out for you and soon enough you will be living the Wed Life!